Draw Updated! – 2018 Whitris Shield
The Whitris Shield is in it’s second stage and it’s exciting to see who’s going to come out on top.
To all the players remaining, we need your help by finishing up your 1st & 2nd rounds immediately.
We are unfortunately behind already and 3rd round is due for completion 14th Oct when some members have not even finished the second round.
The updated draw is located here.
Draw for the 2018 Whitris Shield Singles Matchplay tournament is now ready and is available here.
Good luck to all members competing!
A few matchplay rules to be mindful of…
(1) Normal stroke matchplay rules to apply.
Example of handicapped matchplay rules as below:-
Example a). Player A handicap 5 and player B handicap 25
Player A goes to Zero handicap, Player B’s handicap is reduced to 20. Player A gives the opponent 2 shots on the first and second numbered holes on the match index and one shot on each of the other 16 holes.
Example b). Player A handicap 9 and player B handicap 14
Player A goes to Zero handicap and gives opponent one shot on the first five numbered holes on the match index.
(2) It is the responsibility of the first named player to contact his opponent to arrange the match.
(3) When conceding putts to an opponent be clear and concise. If you are in doubt, do not pick up your ball until after you have asked your opponent if he is conceding the putt to you.
(4) All games will commence on the 1st tee and from the blue plates
(5) All matches must be completed by due date of each round
(6) First player MUST make contact with the opponent and give at least 2 dates with which the match is to be played. (Contact details in Syllabus, Website or from Pro Shop)
(7) The Australian Match Play Index will be used.
(8) All matches shall be played over eighteen holes handicap match play. If a match is square after the completion of eighteen holes the match shall continue until one player secures the advantage.
(9) All disputes or queries regarding scheduling or rules must be referred to the Pro Shop, Captain, or Match Committee as soon as possible
(10) Carts are permitted for use for this event.